The hospital has identiﬁed relevant research questions of interest that will aid in ensuring that clinical entities seen in patient populations in Makunda with signiﬁcant morbidity and mortality are systematically studied. The hospital has formed a research and ethics committee to frame the research policy of the hospital, create work ﬂows for proposals and to monitor and disseminate results of research projects
Publications based on work in Makunda
1. A Biblical Model for a Christian Hospital in India in the time of Covid 19 by Dr Vijay Anand Ismavel in the Christian Journal of Global Health - April 2020. Read here. 2. The Makunda Model: An Observational Study of High-Quality Accessible healthcare in low-resource settings" by Caleb Flint, Dr Ann Miriam and Dr Vijay Anand Ismavel in Christian Journal of Global Health - June 2020. Read here. 3. Maternal and Health Research Collaboration, India MaatHRI: Methodology paper by F1000 Research - 28 authors with Manisha Nair (Project Lead) and includes Dr Roshine Mary Koshy, Dr Carolin Solomi V and Dr Vijay Anand. Read here.
4. News from the Training Institute of Global Health and Tropical Medicine - pages 18 and 19, Bulletin of the Netherlands Society for Tropical Medicine and International Health, Number 1, March 2017, Volume 55
5. Closing the Gap – Using Global Health Doctors” – a short chapter in the Book, “Into the World” published by OIGT and KIT, Netherlands. Read here. 6. Massive abdominal tumor – more than a medical problem” in Current Medical Issues 2017;15-249-51. Read here 7. A Privileged Call to Medical Missions” – a chapter in the Book, “On the Wings of Dawn” – published by Evangelical Medical Fellowship of India. Read here. 8. Suspected thiamine deficiency presenting as peripheral neuropathy among peri partum women in a hospital in rural Assam: A neglected public health problem” – published by CHRISMED Journal of Health and Research. Read here.
1. National Surveillance of Enteric Fever in India: Tier 2 in collaboration with Christian Medical College, Vellore
2. Maternal and Perinatal Health Research collaboration, India (MaatHRI): improving outcomes in pregnant women with anaemia
3.An article titled, “Management and outcome of the congenital Anomalies in Low, Middle and High Income countries: A Multicentre, International Perspective Cohort Study” awaits its starting.
1. Maternal and Perinatal Health Research Collaboration, India (MaatHRI): improving outcomes in pregnant women with Anaemia by Dr.Carolin Solomi V, Dr Vijay Anand Ismavel , Dr Ann Miriam and Dr Roshine Mary Koshy
2. Makunda Healthcare Access: formulating an objective policy for best practices in the use of a charitable hospital’s funds to provide support to vulnerable patients, taking into account other needs of the society that runs the hospital by Dr Vijay Anand Ismavel and Dr Roshine Mary Koshy
3. Measuring Impact: creating a ratings mechanism that will provide an objective rating of the potential for transformational impact of a hospital and incorporate it into a website that will enable volunteers/staff and donors to decide the best hospitals to invest in by Dr Vijay Anand Ismavel
4. Cluster randomized trial of sterile glove and instrument change at the time of wound closure to reduce Surgical Site Infections (CHEETah) by Dr Moloti, Dr Vijay Anand Ismavel and Dr. Carolin Solomi V
5. Retrospective analysis of experience with biliary-duodenal anastomosis in a remote rural secondary-level hospital by Dr Vijay Anand Ismavel, Dr Moloti, Dr Ann Miriam
1. Maternal and Perinatal Health Research collaboration, India (MaatHRI): improving outcomes in pregnant women with iron deficiency anaemia
2. National Surveillance System for Enteric Fever in India Hospital based surveillance (Tier 2)
3. Management and Outcomes of Congenital anomalies in Low, Middle and High Income countries: A multi centre, International,Prospective Cohort study
4. Thiamine responsive cardiomyopathy among peripartum women in a hospital in rural Assam
5. Thiamine responsive shock in infants in a hospital in rural Assam. A public health emergency
Publications so far:
1. Sighting of Purple-throated-, or Van Hasselt’s Sunbird Leptocoma sperata brasiliana in Karimganj District, Assam, with notes on its status in India – in Indian Birds Read here 2. Mating of the Greater Coucal (Centropus sinensis) – in BES Study Group Read here 3. Forest ghost moth fauna of northeastern India (Lepidoptera: Hepialidae: Endoclita, Palpifer, and Hepialiscus) – in Journal of Threatened Taxa Read here 4. Report of Platythomisus octomaculatus (C. L. Koch, 1845) and Platythomisus sudeepi Biswas, 1977 from India (Araneae, Thomisidae) – in Biodiversity Data Journal Read here 5. Illustrated redescription of two large coreid bugs from Assam including Schroederia feana (Distant, 1902) as the ﬁrst record for India (Hemiptera, Heteroptera, Coreidae, Coerinae, Mictini)” - in the journal, Entomon Read here 5. News from the Training Institute of Global Health and Tropical Medicine - pages 18 and 19, Bulletin of the Netherlands Society for Tropical Medicine and International Health, Number 1, March 2017, Volume 55. Read here.